Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Quick Note for Artists

Since I received my first complaint today about using an artist's work on my cards, I'd like to make this clear to anybody whose work I use or alter for the purposes of this set. While I didn't ask permission, I do credit the artists on the cards and the larger art that I post here. I also did my best to use artwork that didn't explicitly state not to be posted elsewhere. If my usage of your artwork is offensive to you or you're at all worried about me using it in a manner you don't approve of, please just let me know and I'll happily take it down and replace it. Pokemon are extremely popular, and there's an abundance of fan art available. I also dabble in art as well, so I could also produce my own pieces if I can't find a better replacement. I would also be willing to pay commission for a piece if I can't find an equal replacement. So if I do offend you, I sincerely apologize, but please at least know that everything I'm doing here is just for fun, and I have no intention to profit from your work.

And for those wondering if their artwork will turn up later down the road, here is a list of all the artists that I've used work from thus far:




Eric Chen
Molly Gur
RJ Palmer
Dante Corvus
Alysia Prosser
Robert Boucher-Knight
Kyougyo
Madde "CrazyRatty"
Ruth Taylor
Kapieren
Shade of Shinon
Claire Lys-Antigone
Sycra Yasin
Kaleb Wolf
Edface
Black Mystic A.
Benjamin Sigas
Tygarii-Razil
SailorClef
Cecelia Nine
Karolina Twardosz
Anna C. Eunhae
Josh Dunlop
Greogiy Vostrikov
Lalelu KleXchen
James Crossedstar
Gangl Simon
Nanaga
Andrew Olsen
Jasper Sandner
Grypwolf
RT Radke
Sam Taylor
Casey Davenport
Sandra Süsser
Greco Westermann
Trudi Castle
Lenigma
Gavin Mackey
Ashley Akebashi-Chan
Bryce Andrew Warner
Bob Kehl
Snook-8
João Henrique
Nazareth
Richard Schubert
Sam Peterson
Kobey Matsushige
Michael Dembitskyi
Erlson Neba
Sami Red Eidolon
Katherine López
Tonyt
Juan Arrabal Hernández
Gibson R.
Nightchanger
Jazon 19
Irshad Karim
Cecaelia Maestoso
Tsad De Lira
Repay
Rajewel
Ginger Cooley
Kairyu
MSH
Alex Alecyl
Jorge Mantilla
Hobsy Llwin 18
Lill-Iren
Tharalin
Jamie Flack

Once again, if you are offended by my usage or alteration of your work, I sincerely apologize. The only benefit I receive from using your artwork is the enjoyment of having such quality art to display on the cards I've been designing. If you'd like to reach me privately to discuss anything related my usage of your work of the set in general, please e-mail me at acumenkane@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to talk to you.

Also, if you're reading this and aren't an artist, all of these brilliant people I listed above can be found on deviantART, which is a terrific website for anything art-related. I've also been posting my personal artwork and writings on there for years, so I highly recommend checking it out. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment